Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weddings and Proms and Part Time, oh my!

It's been awhile since I've blogged...weeks turn into months before I even know it, and here we are, at the end of April and I've already been through my first wedding of the season!

Nepco shelter in Wisconsin Rapids was my Friday the 13th wedding a couple weeks ago. If you're looking for an outdoor wedding (with a guest list of 125 or less), this might just be the spot.  Just gorgeous, and it was the kind of wedding reception I like best.....everyone pitching in with the food and the help, making an intimate family and friend filled event.  A taco bar with steamed tortillas was dinner (delish) and the dessert bar was RIDICULOUS (in a good way, of course).  Everyone brought bars or cookies or something sweet, and there was literally dozens of treats, and cake, and a chocolate fountain with sliced fruit, marshmallows, etc.  If you know me and my sweet tooth at all, you know that I was cheering for every tasty morsel that made its way on the scene.


This last weekend was DC Everest Prom.  Incredibly fun set up with amazing kids. If I could do proms for a living, I probably would.  Not that I don't adore weddings...of course I do....I'm just sayin', when someone hands you a budget and says "Here. Our theme has stars, glitter and candy.  Order what we need"...it's a good time!

I'm grateful for such amazing kids (and their adviser, Renee!)  I gave them materials that we purchased and pulled from the theater room, and they ran with it.  They were hard workers, courteous, optimistic and fun.  I truly hope I get to work with them in 2013.

In TWO WEEKS I get to go part time at my day job, which means wedding season has officially begun.  Blessed to be going into my third year of business.  A baker's dozen of weddings later, I know I've found my true love in event decorating and planning, and I'm so thankful for every last one of y'all that have (and continue to) support One Girl. We have 12 (13?  I've lost count!) weddings this summer which is over twice as much as last year, and I have three girls on staff, Heather, Alysian and Abrielle.  Heather's mom used to be a wedding planner so she's right at home with the decorating and planning. Abrielle worked for me last year as a bartender, and naturally transition into a role as a coordinator, and Al? She's 15, artistic, energetic and ready to take on her first season!

It's going to be a great year.:)


Love,
Shannon
www.onegirlcreative.net






The Grounds of Nepco Shelter                                                                                                                                                                









The dessert bar!   


                                                                                                                                                                        The next                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        







DC Everest Prom 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment