Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dirt cake for 350 and hidden trolls

I <3 my job.

So last week I talked to Katie who's wedding I'll be helping with next December. It's going to be heavy in Norweigen traditions, including the hiding of trolls. Find a troll and the couple will kiss. My first question was "CAN I HIDE THE TROLLS???" "yes" she said with a smile. "yes you can hide the trolls".

Woot!

Then I met with Mike and Laura. Vintage romance at the Howard Johnson in Wausau. I was lost in the crystals and chandeliers and billowing draping...caught in the bling and the lights and the glamour.....and then....she says..." I'd like dirt cake instead of wedding cake"

So I spent the last hour finding out who would make 300 servings of dirt cake, which I plan to serve in galvonised buckets with silk orchids.

Seriously? Too cool.

I love weddings that have that little quirk...the thing that makes them stand out from the crowd.

xo,
Shannon
www.onegirlcreative.net

No comments:

Post a Comment